school leaver employment support (SLES)
WHAT IS SCHOOL LEAVER EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT?
The School Leaver Employment Support (SLES) program is funded under your NDIS plan and designed to help you transition from school to work.
YOUR JOURNEY TO WORK WITH SLES
At HELP we know that everyone’s employment journey is unique. Our Inclusive Employment Team provides individualised support to help school leavers like you prepare for, find, and secure sustainable employment.
The SLES program is an amazing opportunity to try a range of different employment options and find out what career is right for you!
We give you the skills and confidence you need to transition from school to paid work.
Our workshops provide:
- Travel training, time management, and money handling skills
- Relationship-building activities
- Job-site training and trials
- Extended work experience (typically in open employment)
- Discovery activities and other work readiness workshops
It’s important to remember that support for each person might look a little different.
What if I’m not a ‘School Leaver’ anymore?
That’s ok, our employment supports can be tailored to anyone regardless of your age. Ask us about alternative funding options. We call it ‘Inclusive Employment Supports'.
HOW IS OUR PROGRAM DIFFERENT FROM OTHER EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMS?
The SLES program is designed for young people with disability who require a little extra support to reach their employment goals and prepare for work. On our program, you will gain independence and build your confidence in a dynamic and interactive environment.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR SCHOOL LEAVER EMPLOYMENT SUPPORTS?
There are two ways to find out if you are eligible for School Leaver Employment Supports with HELP:
- You can check your NDIS plan for eligibility. You will have ‘School Leaver Employment Supports’ listed under Capacity Building (3.10).
- Our team can help you navigate the requirements, process and paperwork for your next NDIA planning meeting in order to secure funding.